2.27.2011

Isaac's Crazy Hair & His New Obsession


Isaac and his tamed curls


Isaac after I brushed out his hair


Isaac's new obsession

I had to post some cute pictures of Isaac's crazy hair. Isaac was first born with straight, black hair, and not particularly a lot of it. And over the months, it started getting lighter, longer, and curlier. I just love it. Some people ask when I'm going to cut it. I don't have an answer for them right now. I just love the craziness of it and we literally get compliments everywhere we go, "Oh, look at those curls!" or "Wow, he's got great hair!" so I don't have any intentions of getting it cut anytime soon. Isaac also has a new obsession: "Home Alone." Just about every day now, he somehow is able to pick out the movie from among all our other DVDs, runs and brings it to me, and points to it like that's what he wants to watch and then he stands and waits in front of the TV for me to put it in and start it. I think it's hilarious. I think the main reason he likes the movie so much is because it's all about a kid. And he loves watching other kids. But I think I better go down to the public library and get some more educational shows for children rather than let him watch this movie all the time! Plus, I'm getting a little sick of watching a Christmas movie over and over when I'm so anxious for Spring and Summer!

Other events from this week have included Isaac getting his first molar. I felt bad once I finally realized during Isaac's bath at the end of the day on Tuesday that his first molar had popped through. It had been a long, rough day and my patience was wearing thin. Then I understood why the day had gone the way it had. I've since given him some Ibuprofen for the pain and he seems to be doing much better now. We'll just wait and see when the second one comes and I'll try to be on the lookout for it this time.

Yesterday was Manuel's mom's birthday and we went out to a buffet for lunch and then came back to our apartment to hang out for a while. We put on some salsa music and Isaac loved it. He got to dance with his abuelita, daddy, and mommy. It was a lot of fun. In the morning, I had made her a birthday cake using my new professional cake decorating set my mom gave me for Christmas. It was so much fun experimenting with all the different frosting tips and colors. The cake turned out alright for my first time, but I'm looking forward to improving my skills. We were all so full from the buffet that even after an hour, hour and a half, there was no room for cake & ice cream so we just sang Happy Birthday and Manuel's mom blew out her candles.

This week starts the first week in March which means only a couple more weeks until Manuel's on Spring Break. I'm so excited for it. I know he'll probably need to do some studying, but it will be fun to at least have a little more time each day to spend together as a family and hopefully we can plan a few fun activities for the week. One of my new goals is to make a new blog post entry once a week to give more frequent updates. So until next week, love to all our family and friends!

2 comments:

Lindsey H. said...

What awesome hair! And yay for spring breaks!

Brittany said...

gosh, he is a cutie! i wish we lived closer, too! are you coming to visit anytime soon?