4.18.2011

Chicken & Avocado Soup


I made this recipe yesterday for dinner, and it turned out great! It was really quick and easy to make with simple and delicious ingredients. The recipe says to shred the chicken but I ended up just dicing up small pieces after I boiled the chicken in the broth and it ended up shredding a bit anyways. Also, the recipe says it makes 4 servings but since it's so low in calories and it was our dinner, we basically made 2 servings out of it and shared with Isaac. I used low-sodium fat-free chicken broth and after I boiled the chicken in it, I needed to add a bit more since some had evaporated. Manuel said it had a nice salsa-y taste to it and also commented that you could really taste all the different flavors individually. I think this soup could be really great served cooled in the summertime. It's yummy so give it a try!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/chicken-and-avocado-soup.html

No comments: